|Country of Origin||India|
Mung beans are small, green beans that belong to the legume family. They have been cultivated since ancient times. While native to India, mung beans later spread to China and various parts of Southeast Asia. These beans have a slightly sweet taste and are sold fresh, as sprouts or as dried beans. They aren’t as popular in the US but can be purchased from most health food stores. Mung beans are incredibly versatile and typically eaten in salads, soups, and stir-fries. Moreover, Mung beans are high in nutrients and believed to aid many ailments
- Rich in vitamins & minerals.
- High antioxidants level.
- Possible prevention on heat stroke.
- Lower cholesterol level and heart disease risk.
- Rich in potassium, magnesium and fiber.
- May reduce blood pressure.
- Aid digestive health.
- Lower blood sugar levels.
- Promotes weight loss by suppressing hunger.
- Supports healthier pregnancy.