|Country of Origin||Bolivia|
|Ingredients||Organic Chia Seeds|
About This Product
Tiny but mighty, chia seeds have long been a staple in the health food community. Low in calories but rich in fibre, plant-based protein, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, iron, calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, this tiny seed is truly a powerhouse of essential nutrients. This Mayan superfood lives up to its name (chia being an ancient Mayan word for ‘strength’), as it gives you a boost of energy and provides a balanced ratio of nutrition to help you power through your day. Thanks to its high fibre content, it also helps to keep you satiated for a longer period of time and prevents sudden spikes/drops in blood sugar levels, a property that may have contributed to its reputation as being a weight loss aid.
Signature Market’s Organic Chia Seeds deliver these nutritious seeds to you with the guarantee that its nutrients are as natural as nature intended. Our Organic Chia Seeds are non-GMO, non-irradiated and produced entirely without pesticides so you can rest assured that you’re only getting the best nature has to offer.
Country of Origin: South America
What Does This Taste Like?
Mildly nutty taste that complements both sweet and savoury dishes. Somewhat similar in flavour to poppy seeds.
1. Rich in fibre, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, iron, calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin B2 and vitamin B3 (niacin).
2. Rich in fibre which helps to promote satiety and thus prevent overeating. Its high levels of omega-3 fatty acids and alpha-linoleic acid also contribute to its effectiveness in aiding weight loss. Its fibre content prevents constipation and maintains good gut health.
3. Increased fibre intake has been shown to help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
4. Healthy source of plant-based protein.
5. Omega-3 fatty acids in chia seeds help to decrease the risk of thrombosis and lowers the risk of heart attack, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases.
Organic Chia Seed.
Store in an airtight container or in its original resealable bag to maintain freshness. Keep in a cool, dry place. Avoid exposure to sunlight or excessive heat.